This Saturday, besides than my medical text books, my drama, I spent my time to go through pieces of information about LYNAS. Recall back my Sg. lembing trip with Rompin friends, I actually saw a group of citizens gathered in the town of Lembing with T-shirt that printed '' STOP LYNAS''. I paid no attention to them as I was thrilled and excited with the adventurous trip. I have no idea WHAT IS LYNAS? WHAT IS GOING ON? Despite it has become an issue in Kuantan which is around 1 hour from my place. I take no initiative to know what it is about. Until recently, the issue seems to reach it's boiling point. It appears in facebook every single day in high frequency. Even friends from other states know the story. I feel ashamed to remain dumb and unconcern for this environmental and health issue which just 100 km away from my place.As I go through the articles in internet, the video in Youtube, I feel really sad towards our government.At the same time, I feel proud with our folks who fought bravely for their next generation. LYNAS, an Australia corporation, a mining company or maybe rare earth supplier has set up a rare earth company in Gebeng, Kuantan, Pahang. Their aim is to produce Rare Earth which is a type of chemical substances made up of 15 metalic elements (Remember we learn periodic table in the extremely boring chemistry class).Rare earth is undoubtedly a money-exchange material because it can be use to make most of electrical devices, example, MP3, Ipod, your Iphone,Hybrid car, complex fluorescent light etc etc.For many years, 95% rare earth supply in global market come from China. Last year, our government has decided to develop this particular industry to boost up our down-sloping economy by letting LYNAS to enter our land.
What make a big issue at here is the authorities from LYNAS claimed that it is safe and pollution-free. And the survey done by citizens is, the wastage from processing rare earth is radioactive and harmful. The very first rare earth factory is built in Bukit Merah, Perak. It has been 30 or 40 years back since the factory closed, and yet until now, Perak state government still paying the price to clean up the radioactive wastage dumped by the factory. The radiation has indirectly affect the residents' health who live nearby for years. The innocent people suffered from the irresponsible policy of our government. Residents at the particular site bear the impact which there are higher record of cancer cases, children born with congenital defect, lung prob..etc etc. We dont want the same tragedy happen, we dont want the same mistake repeat. The authories of LYNAS guarantee us,they will builda high-tech, concrete tank to keep the wastage and recycle the water. However, What we know from our chemistry experts is, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RECYCLE THE HARMFUL RADIATION, YES, THEY CAN TURN THE WASTAGE INTO SOLID SUBSTANCE AND TRAP THEM IN TANK, THEY CAN RECYCLE THE WATER, But how about the pollutant in gaseous state, and are you dare to utilise the water even after high-tech filtration? I was shock when i heard from one of my dad's best friend words, THEY ARE GOING TO THROW THE WASTAGE IN PEKAN, which is another town 45 minutes from my house, I also worried they might throw the wastage into South China Sea( My place located along South China Sea).Bad news for our marine friends and our fishermen. No matter how good the scientific explanation from LYNAS, how they guarantee on our health, WE SIMPLY DONT WANT TO TAKE RISK. You know radioactive materials take around 140 million years to get rid in soil? Maybethey can conceal the problem now, but think about future....we actually can foresee the impacts....this is definitely a sucks idea to bet the health of our grandchildren with our wealthy now..by the way, LYNAS only provide 330 vacancy to boost our eco plus they enjoy 12 years free -tax privilege. SEE....I dont see the any benefits we get. It's brainless to risk our health.
Now, our government even approve the temporary operating license for LYNAS which LYNAS will starts to function early than expected. Definitely a sad news to know. I hope to see a good decision from government soon to stop LYNAS unless they come out with better scientific facts. Because we dont want to take risk. CANT THEY SEE THE BARGAIN IS ONLY BENEFIT TO ONE SIDE?
Wish for the best for Pahang. LOL.GOD BLESS PAHANG.
SAVE MALAYSIA, STOP LYNAS. _BLOG
Posted by




0 comments:
Post a Comment